[IDV #SGI-899824]: saving fonts for labels with bundles

Tom-

In the 2.4b1 release, If I change the font preferences after a display
has been loaded, save the bundle, change my font to something else
and load in the bundle, I get the first font preference because that
is saved in the View properties of the bundle.  Since that code
hasn't changed, I would expect the same behavior in 2.3.  Can you
reproduce the problem you are seeing and send me the steps that
cause the problem?

Don
> Sorry, I was running on 2.3 and couldn't find the "view" font settings.
>
> This is, though, a subtle difference since what I see may not be what
> I get.  I think the solution is to save the "state", which means in
> this case if the font was set by the Preferences, it should be saved
> as if it was set by the View menu....that way you don't mess with
> people's Preferences, but you still get what you see.
>
> If we still need to talk about it, then you're right -- the SteerComm
> should chime in....
>
> tom
>
> On 10/8/07, Unidata IDV Support <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Tom-
> >
> > > I've noticed that when I change the label fonts in the user
> > > preferences that the values are not saved then when I save a bundle.
> > > We might want to think about this, since I really think the user who
> > > creates a bundle with a "good" font on the navigated display pane will
> > > want their font preserved.
> >
> > But what if I don't like your font? ;-)
> >
> > When the user's default is used (i.e. what is set in the preference)
> > then we don't save that because each user has his/her own preferred font.
> > However, if you set the font on the View or the Display Control (overriding
> > the preferred font), that gets saved in the bundle.   The idea is that
> > each user's preferred font take preference.
> >
> > I can see it going either way.  Maybe it's a good question for
> > the Steering Committee!
> >
> > Don
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: SGI-899824
> > Department: Support IDV
> >

> --
> Tom Whittaker
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> Space Science & Engineering Center (SSEC)
> Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS)
> 1225 W. Dayton Street
> Madison, WI  53706  USA
> ph: +1 608 262 2759

Ticket ID: SGI-899824