[IDV #ZWD-166937]: IDV - DQC Experimental NEXRAD Level-2 Hangs when downloading

> Jeff,
>
> Hey, in regards to your first question, the IDV does completely hang and it
> never comes back.
> In regards to your second question, there have been no problems within the
> Data Chooser.  When I
> am in the Data Chooser, I am able to click on a Radar Site and it reads the
> times ok.  Also, when I click on "Add
> Source" in the Data Chooser, it loads and Initializes the radar reader fine.
> Once The Data has been loaded into the Field Selector,
> I choose what type of data I want and that is usually a "Reflectivity" and
> "Radar Sweep in 2D".  In most cases today, I have loaded the
> 5 or 10 most recent Radar Files into the Field Selector.  Once I have
> everything selected for download, I click on "Create Display" in the
> Data Chooser and that is when I get the hang.  After clicking on "Create
> Display", at the bottom of the screen, it hangs once it reads out:
> "Time: 2/10 From:Level II Radar Data (KRAX)".
> The IDV goes no further than 2/10 downloads and just hangs and never comes
> back.

Does it totally lock up? Like no other gui things work?

If so, can you send in a stack trace? From the shell window you are running the
IDV in (assuming you're on windows) do a control-break and that should dump
out the stack trace.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ZWD-166937
Department: Support IDV