[IDV #HHF-710201]: libGL error on startup

Hi Brian,

> I recently installed IDV 2.2 on a laptop running Fedora Core 6. The initial
> installation went fine, and the program seemed to work perfectly. Then, I
> went on to install some other software, including Grace and ncplot. To help
> with these installations, I copied some libraries into the /usr/X11R6
> directory where these programs expect them. Now, when I try to start IDV it
> crashes with the following message:
>
> libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not permitted
> libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
>
> Does this make sense in light of the additions I made to the libraries, and
> is there a way to work around this problem? Thanks for your help.

This reminds me of the old story of the guy that goes into a doctor's office and
says "doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this" and the doctor says "dont do
that" :-)

I suspect it was the "I copied some libraries" step above. You could look
at this page:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriTroubleshooting

It describes a possible fix for this. Search for "failed to open DRM" on the
page.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: HHF-710201
Department: Support IDV