[IDV #RPK-773680]: IDV - ADDE archived MOD07: DAY= must be used with archived datasets

Hi Valentijn-

> thanks! I just wrote this message to Dave. I'll test it further when the
> server is back up-and-running.
>
> In the mean time i used:
>
> USFIMARS  @   CYCLOPS.MARINE.USF.EDU

> The new feature is behaving as expected. Looks great with the calendar
> selector and all!

Okay.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

> I'm interpolating synoptic and METAR observations, and the former are only
> available on synoptic hours (SRFESTI  @    ADDE.ITC.NL). It would be very
> handy if i could filter out either of the two with something like "Select
> hour for this dataset: synoptic/hourly/custom".
>
> Custom would allow the user to type in an user-specified hour value. Minutes
> should ignored from the filter i guess...

Right now, the relative times are based on time interval that is
set in code for the preconfigured datasets.  So, if you pick the
METAR data, the interval is 1 hour and Synoptic data is set to 3 hours.
In the upper level chooser, the 00 & 12Z only checkbox sets it to 12 hours.
For custom datasets, it defaults to 1 hour.  I guess we could bubble
that up to the UI so you could set it for custom datasets.  Is that
what you are asking for?  Or are you asking for a filter for the
absolute times?

Don

Ticket ID: RPK-773680
Department: Support IDV