[IDV #RPK-773680]: IDV - ADDE archived MOD07: DAY= must be used with archived datasets

Hi Valentijn-

> Institution: ITC
> Package Version: 2.1RC3
> Operating System: Windows 2003
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.6.0 version:
> 1.6.0-rc j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi Don,
>
> There is a OpenADDE pointer for TERRA MOD07 products serving:
>
> OpenADDE is installed at: http://ladsweb.nascom.nasa.gov/
>
> DATALOC ADD AADS LADSWEB.NASCOM.NASA.GOV
>
> That site has the global, archive of atmosphere products. When accessing this
> dataset an error has occurred:
> Error connecting to: LADSWEB.NASCOM.NASA.GOV
> Error opening AreaFile: edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException: DAY= must
> be used with archived datasets
>
> Is there anyway I could build this into Data Chooser>ADDE images or Data
> Chooser>Images.
>
> As it is global data i would like to add spatial limitations by specifying a
> region of interest.

In the latest nightly build:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly

the satellite chooser will prompt for a date if you encounter a dataset
that has the archive feature set.  You can also set the time before
selecting a dataset.

Feedback on this feature is appreciated.

The server you pointed me to seems to be offline, but perhaps you know
of another site to test this on.

Don

Ticket ID: RPK-773680
Department: Support IDV