[IDV #NJE-239274]: IDV question

Hi Jess-

> I've been working on creating netcdf files in idl. I was wondering what
> format does idv prefer for the variable data, Our goal is to make a 3d
> model. Should the dimensions of each variable be longitude, latitude, and
> altitude or should it be similar to the METAR .csv file?

lat/lon/alt dimesions would be best.  You might want to take a look at
the CF conventions which are specific to gridded data for the most part:

http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/eaton/cf-metadata/CF-1.0.html

for hints on the variable names and units.

Don  Murray

Ticket ID: NJE-239274
Department: Support IDV