[IDV #PTI-752485]: IDV -DORADE & radial netCDF support

Hi Joe-

> I've installed the datasource.xml file as you suggested.  I can now read
> in the netCDF radar files, and the PPI scans look fine.

Glad to hear it.

> How do I display RHI scans (azimuth is fixed, while elevation angle
> varies?).  I'd like the viewing position to automatically change to see
> the data "from the side" when the user selects an RHI.

We don't really have a display specific to RHI like you probably want.  But,
the framework supports adding in new types of displays so you could probably
subclass one of the existing controls to support this.

Currently, you have two options:

- use the 3D sweep display and rotate the box to see the display
- display the 3D sweep in the Transect View.  Open a Transect View
through the File->New->Display Window->Transect Display->One Pane
menu.  Click in that window to load in the 3D Sweep.  You won't
see anything because the default transect does not cover the area
of your scan.  Use the Transects->Edit menu  to draw a transect
that covers the region of the scan.

> Ideally, we'd like the option to magnify the elevation angle, since this
> makes it easier to see the data.

You can stretch the vertical and horizontal scales of the Transect Display.
Use the Shift/Ctrl and Arrow keys to do this.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: PTI-752485
Department: Support IDV