[IDV #WHD-864047]: IDV - No 3D Display selections showing up from the RUC Model...

Hi Jacob-

> Hey, I have downloaded and have worked with the new build of the IDV
> that you linked me to in your previous reply.  I have been unable to work
> with the new build like I want because of college exams this week and I have
> been studying a lot.

We appreciate any time you can spend testing.

> The error with double loading of wind displays is still occurring
> with the new 2.1RC2 IDV Build.  I continue to also get a hang time with
> downloading a Wind Display from a GFS Model with no spatial subset.

Okay. We'll look into this.  Thanks for checking it in the latest version.

Other
> than that, there are a couple of small things that I am confused about; I do
> not know whether they are errors or if I am maybe misunderstanding
> something.
> When I go to load a Wind Display from the GFS Model Run out of the
> Catalog, I see the new feature of being able to select custom Levels for the
> Display.  When I want to select different levels of the atmosphere, I am
> unable to select various levels.  It does not allow me to highlight/jump
> from the 1000 hPa level to the 500 hPa level on the same display.  It does
> however; allow me to scroll down, holding the shift key and highlight 1000
> hPa, 975 hPa, 950 hPa, 925 hPa, etc.  But if I want to jump from the Lower
> levels to the mid levels, that is where I have trouble.

At present, you can only select one level or a range of contiguous
levels.  When you select a single level, you can still change to
 a different level in the plan view control.  It will just go fetch
the new level at that point.

If you have multiple displays with different levels, you can select
the appropriate level for each display.  It will still be quicker than
downloading the entire volume.

> Also, how can I save a bundle or create a display that automatically
> creates and opens in a new window without loading on top of another display
> window?

There is a preference that you can set to whether a new bundle
removes existing displays and data or whether it will try to create
a new display.  If you are not prompted with a dialog asking whether
you want to remove existing data and displays or load the bundle in
as is, then you need to reset that preference to prompt you.  Use the
Edit->Preferences menu to bring up the User Preferences dialog.  From
the General tab, make sure the "Prompt user to remove displays and
data" checkbox is selected.  That will make sure you are prompted.

However, each Display window (View Manager) is identified in the
bundle by a generic name if there is not a name set.  So, if
you indicate that you don't want data and other displays removed
first, your bundle may end up loading into the existing display instead
of a new window.  To make a display unique, you can use the
View->Properties menu to set a name for a display (e.g. 500 mb Vectors).
When you save off the bundle, that name will get persisted, so when
you load in the bundle the next time and say you don't want the
existing displays and data removed, it will pop up a new window.

> Thank you very much, the update is excellent.  I really appreciate
> it; have a great day and God Bless.

Let us know if you have more suggestions or questions.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: WHD-864047
Department: Support IDV