[IDV #WHD-864047]: IDV - No 3D Display selections showing up from the RUC Model...

Hi Jacob-

> I am accessing the "latest" NCEP GFS CONUS 80km Model Run taken from
> the "Additional IDD Model Data" set.  When I do this, I do make a primary
> subset for all displays for only the Mid-Atlantic Region and no other.
> However, this issue does not only occur with four panels, but for any wind
> display.
> I noticed that you said that an error with double loading of wind
> displays has been recently repaired, that sounds exactly like the problem I
> am having.

You could check if this is fixed by downloading the latest nightly build
from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly

tomorrow.  We hope to announce a preliminary release tomorrow, so
it is pretty stable.  It would be good to have you test this.
One of the new features in this release is the ability to download
single levels instead of the entire volume which will save on
data transfer time.

> I now also have a new problem regarding wind displays, but I
> remember having the same problem last year with Fedora Core 4.  There is a
> hang-time when I try to load a 3D Wind Display from a NCEP GFS CONUS 80km
> Model Run, taken out of the Catalog, with no Spatial Subsetting.  When I
> select the "latest" run of the GFS Model, I then select the 3D Wind Display
> from the menu; however, when the program begins to download the display, at
> the bottom of the screen on the status bar, where it tells me the status of
> the download, next to "Time:" I see where the hang time begins at
> "2/36 u_wind From:Latest NCEP GFS..."

If this happens every time, then we'll have to investigate further.
If it happens occassionally, then there may be a problem with the server.

> Also, in regards to the video driver issue, I am sorry that I did
> not let you know before, but I have fixed and totally resolved the issue
> with the installation of the video driver.  I sat down one night and tried a
> few things and the installation actually became very simple and I cannot
> even remember how I did it, only God's Grace.  I really appreciate your help
> with everything.  You guys at Unidata have created some excellent programs.
> I hope you are feeling better from being sick recently.  God Bless.

Great job getting this working.  Let me know if you encounter further
problems.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: WHD-864047
Department: Support IDV