[IDV #GYL-519758]: IDV - Error on workshop10.ucar.edu workshop while loading Gaussian 3-D data of NCAR CAM

Hi-

> Institution: pukyoung National  Uni, S. Korea
> Package Version: 2.1RC1
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware Information: Java: home: /home/idv/IDV_2.1/jre version: 1.5.0_06
> j3d:1.3.1
> Inquiry: An error has occurred:
> Couldn't get data
> SampledSet.init_samples: sample#2 length 106496 doesn't match expected length
> 212992

This seems to be fixed in the latest nightly build.  You can download it from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly

I tried variables that use both lev and ilev for the vertical dimension
and they seemed to work.

A couple of notes about this file.  The lev and ilev variables have invalid
units ("level") so appear as null in the level selector.  The time is in
units of "days since 0000-09-01 00:00:00" with a value of 30, so it ends up
showing a time in the year 0.  These don't affect the ability of the IDV
to display them, but the labels reflect the input values.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: GYL-519758
Department: Support IDV