[IDV #ZJC-641381]: IDV - VGEE IDV

> Thanks Jeff, I'll look at your proposal with one of our programmers tomorrow
> first thing to see what we can do.
>
> The jython procedure seems more versatile. Can you dust this off a bit, or at
> least send me the details so we ave all possible directions on the table
> before going further?

In tonight's build (well, tomorrow's) there are some updates to this facility.
The Jython Display Control operates in two modes. First is the development mode.
You can create a Jython Control with data (e.g., a grid field) and then specify
some things about it. e.g., probe type (point, sounding, etc.), jython code,
etc.
The Jython is called in 3 places: at initialization time (to create gui
components, etc.),
when the data is loaded and when the probe is moved.

From this development mode you can export it (through the File menu) into a
plugin.
When that plugin is loaded the Jython control runs in user mode. All they see
is the results
of the Jython code that was written in the developer mode.

To use this (after the next nightly build) go to the plugin manager and install
the
"Jython Dev Control" plugin (at the bottom of the list). Restart and you should
be able
to create the development mode jython control.

This is an evolving facility (to say the least) and feedback and comments are
always appreciated.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ZJC-641381
Department: Support IDV