[IDV #ZJC-641381]: IDV - VGEE IDV

Valentijn,

> Now furhter on the displays types: the temperature concpet model picks
> up the value it reads from the probe when I read in a grid with
> temperatures, but the evapotranspiration model doesn't whereas the JAVA
> console prints the latitude, longitude, altitude, and temperature values
> from the grid so the VGEE seems to do something.

As we have said the VGEE models are unsupported by us.  I've done some
initiali work to get these into a plugin and clean up some of the
GUI layout issues but that's about it.

Some of the models are capable of responding to real data. The ones that aren't
will
print out the probe values.  I recall a while ago you might have mentioned
having some developer resources there that might do some work on this code.
If so, we'd more than welcome that assistance.

> Another question: what do I have to do to allow my own concept models to
> interact with a grid in a similair manner as you have shown with the
> VGEE.jar.

There are a couple of paths you could go down. First: some time ago we did some
initial work on a Jython display control. This supported a developer to specify
the type of sampled data (point, sounding, etc) required and there were hooks
to pass that back into the jython.  We never did finish this but perhaps we can
dust it off.

Secondly, you could write a Java class that fits into the VGEE framework.
basically, there is just one VGEE  display control. It instantiates a VGEE model
and passes point or sounding data into it.  You could write your own VGEE model
class that is a wrapper around your jython.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ZJC-641381
Department: Support IDV