[IDV #ZJC-641381]: IDV - VGEE IDV

Valentijn-

> i'm getting more succes when adding the vgee.jar into my webstart jnlp.
> However, as it is unsigned some displays work and some don't. The
> condensation model for example works:

The plugin works differently than the old VGEE jnlp.  To
use the plugin in the JNLP, your JNLP file should use
this syntax:

       <application-desc main-class="ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv">
            <argument>-installplugin</argument>

<argument>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/plugins/vgee.jar</argument>
        </application>

> But the ones that also allow you to interact with data give me a IO
> access error, complaining about the unsecurity context within which the
> vgee,jar is loaded:
>

> Can you sign the jar fopr me pls?

Try the syntax above.

Alternatively, just start the regular IDV, use the Tools->Plugin Manager
menu and install it from there, then exit and restart the IDV.  That
way, you don't have to have a separate JNLP file and you can remove
it when you don't want it.

Don

Ticket ID: ZJC-641381
Department: Support IDV