[THREDDS #TJM-446577]: Manipulation of data in IDV

Hi Joseph-

I apologize for the delay in responding.

There are no techniques in the IDV for this type of spatial analysis
of finding which points in a grid are covered by a random polygon.
That is the strength of GIS packages.

No.  The default sampling technique is described here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#faq1_cat4_24

You would have to override the gridToValue methods of the GriddedSets
to do a different sampling than NEAREST_NEIGHBOR or WEIGHTED_AVERAGE.

I'm not aware of a way to do this unless you looked at every point
and assigned the value based on some scheme of your choosing.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: TJM-446577
Department: Support IDV