[THREDDS #TJM-446577]: Manipulation of data in IDV

Hi Joseph,

> > I have a couple of questions regarding the manipulation of data in IDV:
> >
> > 1. I want to derive grid data for locations similar to those of my
> > observation data. I know how to do this if the obseravtional data is in
> > netCDF, but is it also possible when it is in GIS (shapefile) format? In
> > other words, is there a way to get the grid information for the areas
> > overlapping with my shapefile programetically from within Jython for
> > example?
> >
> > 2. If so, is there a way to specify the number of pixels/grids or
> > neighboring pixels which should be retrieved for the same location?
> >
> > 3. If there are missing values in a grid data, is it possible to assign
> > the values of neighboring pixels, or defining a spatial offset to
> > include grid cells that surround those with missing values closest to my
> > location?

Are you talking about taking the points or polygons defined by a shape file
and using them to sample an existing grid? I'm  sure that it is possible but
am unsure as to the difficulty. My colleague Don is away for a few days but
when he comes back he could give a more educated response.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TJM-446577
Department: Support IDV