[IDV #VOZ-107755]: updating files in a bundle

Hi Kelly,

> My students will be using IDV for a lab class soon. I
> am creating bundles of various in-house model data to
> make things easier. For example, I have RUC data that
> I have loaded into IDV. They will be using this data
> to create local forecasts. I was wondering if there
> was a way to update this data everytime the latest run
> was available in my directory. In other words, when I
> start IDV and load in the RUC bundle, the latest model
> run will be displayed. Right now, when the bundle is
> created, it seems to be based on one exact file for
> one specific time (i.e. 2006092608_ruc).

Yes, there is a way. In the data chooser tab there is
a "Directory" tab at the bottom. See attached image.
This chooser allows you to select a directory, specify
a file pattern, etc., and load a data source with the
most recent file in the directory that matches that pattern.

Now, save the data source off in a bundle. Every time you load
that bundle the IDV will find the most recent file.
You can also turn on "Polling" and the IDV will automatically
reload the data when there is a new file.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: VOZ-107755
Department: Support IDV