[IDV #HMI-519620]: IDV - Filling missing data using nearest neighbor/interpolation

Hi Joseph-

> Institution: ITC
> Package Version: 2.0
> Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> java.version:1.5.0_06; java.home:D:\\mbui14744\\Program_D\\IDV_2.0\\jre;
> j3d.version:1.3.2 fcs (build12); j3d.vendor:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;
> j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> Inquiry: Hello IDV support,
>
> I intend to use the ocean surface current data in my analysis (see attached),
> however it does not cover my entire study area. Particularly
> values for  the areas near the continental and island coastlines are missing.
> I am mainly  interested in the values near the coastline which are also
> missing.
>
> I was wondering if there is a Jython procedure/formula to allocate the
> coastal  areas with the neighbouring pixel values, or any other interpolation
> method suitable to fill in the gaps along the coasts.

The only think I could think of would be to resample to a finer grid, but
I'm not sure that will give you what you want and in the end you'll
just be making up data.

I don't really have a way to do this.  Sorry.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: HMI-519620
Department: Support IDV