[IDV #XRY-165480]: IDV - Creating .mov files from bundle file fails

John,

> As an aside, this is part of a larger task which has the goal of reading a
> group of WRF files and generating Quicktime files.  I currently have a shell
> script that changes the name of the data source in the .xidv file and then
> runs IDV with the altered file.  If there is a better way to process several
> data sources with the same settings, I would be interested to learn about it.

There is a new (and undocumented) feature in the ISL that allows you to
automatically
change the file (or files) used by a data source.

The bundle tag can contain any number of "setfiles" tags.
Each of these setfiles tags has a datasource attribute which is used
to find the data source in the bundle by name. There is also a file
attribute which defines a file to use for that data source.

e.g.:

<isl debug="true" offscreen="false">
  <bundle file="test.xidv">
     <setfiles datasource=".*"
file="/upc/share/testdata/grid/netcdf/nuwg/ruc.nc"/>
  </bundle>
  <image file="test.png"/>
</isl>

This bundle above only has one data source. The datasource=".*" identifies
the data source by name. In this case it is a regular expression that matches
anything. If you had multiple data sources you can change their name before
you save the bundle (right click on the data source in the field selector and
got to the Properties dialog.) You can then use these names to match. e.g.:

<isl debug="true" offscreen="false">
  <bundle file="test.xidv">
     <setfiles datasource="datasource1" file="file for first data source"/>
     <setfiles datasource="datasource2" file="file for 2nd data source"/>
  </bundle>
  <image file="test.png"/>
</isl>

If you have a data source with multiple files (e.g., radar) you can use an
embedded fileset
tag. More here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/isl/FileTags.html#fileset

   <setfiles datasource="datasource1">