[IDV #MVI-449737]: IDV - Data Chooser data type default

Hi HansPeter,

> I am somewhat at issue with the Data Type default on the Data Chooser widgets
> when accessing M8 channels. The default for all channels is Brightness. That
> might
> be fine for VIS and NIR channels (0.6, 0.8, 1.6) although radiance would be
> preferred.
> For the IR channels there is a very strong preference to have them displayed
> in the
> temperature domain.. I.e. presently whenever selecting a couple of IR
> channels you
> have to reset  the Data Type box to Temperature for each channel. This is
> rather
> inconvenient.
>
> I would see 2 solutions to this:
> 1. Keep the last used Data Type when a new channel is selected.
> 2. (preferred) default to Temperature for IR channels and Radiance for
> VIS/NIR channels

The defaults that are used are defined in a set of  external xml resource
files. It is possible to
define your own defaults and override the system defaults. Before we explain
how to do that we
(Don and I) need to possibly change how we prioritize what default value to
choose among the set
of defaults files.

Also - it might be that we just need to add and/or change the defaults we have
defined in the
system defaults for the imagery you are accessing.

We'll get back with you on this later this week (Don is out for a few days).

-Jeff

Ticket ID: MVI-449737
Department: Support IDV