[IDV #JNH-841468]: [Fwd: Re: point values in images]

Hi HansPeter,
This is Jeff, Don is out for a few days this week.

> Shame on me, I should have discovered the probe feature myself. I just

Don and I are  always forgetting features of the IDV.

> did not fall on the term "probe". It does what I expected. The only
> thing for what I did not find an indication is the possibility to resize
> the probe. In particular I would be interested to resize to 1 image pixel.

There are a couple of problems with using the size of a pixel to size the probe.
First of all the data probe probes all sorts of data types, not just imagery,
and
we really don't know the "size" of the item we are probing. Also, the probe is
in X/Y space, not LAT/LON, and its size is automatically scaled as you zoom
in and out.

That said, your question got me to add in the ability to increase or decrease
the size of the probe point (the small size of the probe has bothered me in the
past).
Also, I added the ability to change the type of the marker (e.g., a star, a
cube, etc.).
This will be under the "View" menu for the ProbeControl on our next release.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: JNH-841468
Department: Support IDV