[IDV #IFQ-395820]: IDV - not a track file

Hi Stu-

> Institution: UNAVCO
> Package Version: 1.3b1
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware Information: usual
> Inquiry: I have a user's 3D grid data file named
> AM_T_intp3827.nc
> When do "Add source," it gets the error message below.
>
> Renaming the file to AM_T_intp220.nc lets it load fine.
>
> Somehow the file name is indicating it is a track file.
>
> The cdl header is below the error msg

The DataSource is chosen by the pattern of the file name or by
the serviceType.dataType attribute in a catalog.  It does not
look at the file to figure out what kind of data it is.  If you
know it's a grid, then you should set the Data Source Type in
the chooser to be the Grid type.  Otherwise, you are at the
mercy of the IDV's patterns for data sources. Think of the
label "Default" in that widget as equivalent to Google's
"I'm feeling lucky"  button.  When you use that and don't get
the result you want, then you have to go back and redo the
search.  In this case, it means setting the Data Source Type
to be specific.

Alternatively, you can create your own datasources.xml that
has it's own patterns.

Don Murray

> Stuart
>
> Problem opening file:/home/wier/data/McNamara/April2006_data/AM_T_intp3827.nc
> ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Could not open trajectory
> file:/home/wier/data/McNamara/April2006_data/AM_T_intp3827.nc
> Could not open trajectory
> file:/home/wier/data/McNamara/April2006_data/AM_T_intp3827.nc
> ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Could not open trajectory
> file:/home/wier/data/McNamara/April2006_data/AM_T_intp3827.nc
> at ucar.unidata.data.sounding.TrackAdapter.<init>(TrackAdapter.java:161)
>   at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.TrackDataSource.initTrack(TrackDataSource.java:457)
> at ucar.unidata.data.sounding.TrackDataSource.<init>(TrackDataSource.java:249)
>

> netcdf AM_T_intp3827 {
>
> dimensions:
> depth = 49 ;
> latitude = 181 ;
> longitude = 361 ;
> time = UNLIMITED ;
> variables:
> float depth(depth) ;
> depth:units = "kilometer" ;
> depth:positive = "up" ;
> float latitude(latitude) ;
> latitude:long_name = "Latitude, positive north" ;
> latitude:units = "degrees_north" ;
> latitude:standard_name = "latitude" ;
> float longitude(longitude) ;
> longitude:long_name = "Longitude, positive East" ;
> longitude:units = "degrees_east" ;
> longitude:standard_name = "longitude" ;
> int time (time) ;
> time:units = "Myear" ;
> time:standard_name = "time" ;
> float Trcb(time, depth, latitude, longitude) ;
> Trcb:long_name = "temperature frac of core boundary temp, 1 to 0" ;
> Trcb:missing_value = "None" ;
> Trcb:units = "None" ;
>
> // global attributes:
> :title = "" ;