[IDV #XXW-252736]: idv jnlp question

Hi Dave-

> Thanks for the info on web start, bundles, and jnlp files.  It figures
> that I found the same question answered in the support archives AFTER I
> asked mine.
> I have one more question that I did not see in the archives or FAQ (yes
> I really did check!)
>
> I can successfully create working jnlp files which use our bundles by
> saving the 'bundle' with a jnlp extension.  I also tried doing the same
> by editing the idv.jnlp file I downloaded form Unidata and adding a
> couple of application tags.  In this case IDV starts up but the bundle
> does not load.  As far as I can see the jnlp file is correct, i.e the
> application elements are correct, but obviously I am missing something.
>
> When you have a chance, could you take a look at the jnlp file I
> attached? I know you have the workshop coming up so there is no rush on
> this.

No workshop until July, so you're clear. ;-)

My bad on the instructions.  In the jnlp line at the top:

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/web
start/" href="IDV/idv.jnlp">

remove the href section so it looks like:

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/web
start/">

Otherwise, it just uses the IDV/idv.jnlp file instead of the one you
are trying to use.

If you look at the ones you saved using the .jnlp extension, you'll
see that they don't reference the mother ship.

Sorry for the confusion.

Don

Ticket ID: XXW-252736
Department: Support IDV