20031217: yeeeeehaw!!!

>From: "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden>

Hi Mark-

>I just downloaded Apple Java 3D onto my laptop at home this evening
>(it was just released along with Mac OSX 10.3.2). As soon as it was
>installed I downloaded the beta IDV jar files and cranked up IDV.

Thanks for the info on the release.  We had been using a beta
version.

>It works!!! Not the most blazing speeds at startup (my laptop is a
>PB G4 with 1 gig of RAM 1.25 GHz proc) but 3D rotations and
>isosurfaces look good, zooming in and out with fly through.

We noticed that speed was an issue on our tests as well.  Hopefully
Moore's law will help with that on Macs also.

>I cannot wait to get back into the office and download it for my
>Apple G5.

Let us know if you encounter any weirdness or have any other
comments on the IDV on a Mac.

Don

From:      "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden>
Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:30:41 -0600

Well, just loaded everey thing on my office G5. I have to say that
the speed issue is not as bad here. The G5 is a 1.8 GHz (single
proc) with 1 GB of SDRAM. In fact much faster. I wold love to see it
on one of the Dual G5's.

Looks great and runs so far better (stable as it has yet to
crash) than on any of my pc's with MSWindows (200 & XP) or linux.

mjl