20031219: Java and Mac OS X

>From: "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden>

Hi Mark-

>Two items and a question:
>
>Item 1 FYI
>
>Apple just released java 1.4.1 and it appears to break some of the
>java 3d. I had to re-install the java 3d in order to make the
>displays look correct. The problem was that the info panel at the
>bottom of the screen along with the data display list would not
>show. These returned with the re-install of java 3d.

Okay, thanks for letting us know.  I think there's still some
dust settling that needs to go on with Java, Java 3D and the
Mac.

>Question:
>
>Also, is e-mailing support about bugs/comments for IDV the correct
>e-mail list or is there an more appropriate list?

That's the place.  There are also the idvusers and idvdevelopers
e-mail lists.

>Item 2 Bug on Mac?
>
>On saving as or opening files for IDV, there does not appear a
>widget box for entering a new file name. I need to touch a file
>first in the directory and then have it appear in the file listings.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to test this on at the moment.
This sounds like a Java bug, since it should just be using the
standard JFileChooser.  Can you send a screenshot of what the
widget looks like?  Also, can you resize the window to see if
an entry box appears?

>OS:            Mac 10.3.2
>java:          1.4.1
>java 3d                1.0 for Mac