20031014:IDV and RedHat 7.3

Donna:

This is great news!  I hope you find the rest of the IDV easy and
rewarding.

Did you have to rebuild the Linux kernal?  I hope not.  The IDV
developers would like to know for the record.

Stuart

> --- Stuart Wier <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Donna,
> >
> > It appears you need the TNT2 NVIDIA driver, which should work for the
> > chipset you have. Your computer checks the hardware and thinks its
> > either RIVA or TNT2.   You have some kind of driver already or you
> > couldn't see anything on the screen, but it does not support GLX.
> >
> > You may be able to simply install the driver, or you may have to rebuild
> > the Linux kernal which I believe is also described
> > in the NVIDIA section about drivers.
> >
> > To install the Nvidia driver go to
> > http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
> > and choose Graphics Drivers->GeForce and TNT2 ->Linux IA32 (Intel
> > architecture 32 bit)->Go
> > and follow the instructions to install it.
> >
> > Do let me know if this helps!  We are trying to make the IDV work on all
> > Linux systems so your help and patience with this
> > matter is very much appreciated.
> >
> > Stuart Wier
> >

> > >From: Donna Tucker <address@hidden>
> > >Subject: Re: 20030724: idv and RedHat 7.3
> > >
> > > When I issue the command
> > >
> > > grep NVIDIA  XFree86.0.log
> > >
> > > in /var/log, I get
> > >
> > > (II) NV: driver for NVIDIA chipsets: RIVA128, RIVA
> > > TNT, RIVA TNT2,
> > >
> > > That's it.  Just the one line.
> > >
> > > When I go to the NVIDIA web site under Graphics I
> > > have 3 choices
> > >
> > > GeForce and TNT2
> > > Quadro
> > > RIVA 128/128ZX
> > >
> > > Since I got both RIVA128 and TNT2 in my output, which driver do I want?
> > >
> > > Donna

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service