20031008: IDV and RedHat 7.3

Donna,

It appears you need the TNT2 NVIDIA driver, which should work for the
chipset you have. Your computer checks the hardware and thinks its
either RIVA or TNT2.   You have some kind of driver already or you
couldn't see anything on the screen, but it does not support GLX.

You may be able to simply install the driver, or you may have to rebuild
the Linux kernal which I believe is also described in the NVIDIA section
about drivers.

To install the Nvidia driver go to
and choose Graphics Drivers->GeForce and TNT2 ->Linux IA32 (Intel
architecture 32 bit)->Go
and follow the instructions to install it.

Do let me know if this helps!  WE are trying to make the IDV work on all
Linux systems so your help and patience with this matter is very much
appreciated.

Stuart Wier

>From: Donna Tucker <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030724: idv and RedHat 7.3
>
> When I issue the command
>
> grep NVIDIA  XFree86.0.log
>
> in /var/log, I get
>
> (II) NV: driver for NVIDIA chipsets: RIVA128, RIVA
> TNT, RIVA TNT2,
>
> That's it.  Just the one line.
>
> When I go to the NVIDIA web site under Graphics I
> have 3 choices
>
> GeForce and TNT2
> Quadro
> RIVA 128/128ZX
>
> Since I got both RIVA128 and TNT2 in my output, which
> driver do I want?
>
> Donna

> http://shopping.yahoo.com

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service