20030924:IDV Question Z-R relationship

Matt,

Thanks for sending the rain rate picture. Great to hear you fixed the
equation for z-R relation from Level II data. Can you send me the
correct version?  I hope to start an archive of example IDV Jython
methods online here.

Stu Wier

>Subject: RE: 20030924:IDV Question Z-R relationship

  This is the preamble of a multipart MIME formatted message.
  If you are reading this text your mail system is most likely
  not capable of properly decoding MIME messages.  To extract
  the contents of this message, save it to a file and then use
  an external MIME decoding utility.

--mime-boundary-interchange-3f7f5bf7

Mr. Wier,

It turns out the equation(Z to R) given to me did work correctly.
If reflectivity is over 50 or so, the error in the calculation explodes.
 After recognizing the problem, I was able to deal with it.  So to sum
it up,
you can apply the rain rate equation to level II data.
Thanks for all help
I've attached an example
Matt Jacobs

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service