20031006: IDV crashes

Tony-

address@hidden wrote:
Don,

Now that I'm here at my workstation running the IDV, it seems it doesn't send
error messages to the console when it crashes, but there are a bunch of
error.log files getting written to the directory IDV_1.0.1 directory where I
installed it and where it is run.

I've attached one three of about 20 that were written when I clicked Data ->
New Data Source from the Data Selector window.

more later ..

Thanks.  It looks like the system is crashing when it tries to
make the wait cursor:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x676c7a6a
Function name=XtWindowOfObject
Library=/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6

Current Java thread:

at sun.awt.motif.MComponentPeer.setCursor(Native Method)
at sun.awt.motif.MGlobalCursorManager.setCursor(MGlobalCursorManager.java:35)
at sun.awt.GlobalCursorManager._updateCursor(GlobalCursorManager.java:203)
at sun.awt.GlobalCursorManager.access$100(GlobalCursorManager.java:18)
at sun.awt.GlobalCursorManager$1.run(GlobalCursorManager.java:33)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.jav
a:126)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:
93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:88)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:80)

I'm not sure why it doesn't do this from the other window, though.
I might have you try a different java version at some point.

What OS and version is this running?  Is /home/rockwooda local to this
machine or on the server?

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm