Re: 20030724: idv and RedHat 7.3

Donna,

This sounds like the IDV can't find Java3D on your system. Are you
downloading and running the IDV with Web Start?  If so, then try the
Install Anywhere version of the IDV, which includes a working Java3D.

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_starting.html

If this doesn't helpor doesn't apply since you are already using the
Install Anywhere version, then tell me if you see a map on the IDV
display window before you try to display data.  Do you get the error
messages as the IDV starts up, before you do anything with the IDV other
than start it? Or are they made when you create a display?

Stu Wier

> I am trying to run IDV on a system running RedHat Linux 7.3.  I get
> a variety of error messages (see attached file) but everything runs
> until I try to create a display.  I noted that the documentation
> said that users of RedHat Linux may need to install mesa from source.
> I have not done this.  Is that my problem?  The documentation does
> not say where the mesa package should be put on the computer.  I assume
> that if I put it in the wrong place that IDV will not find it.
>
> Donna Tucker                       http://chinook.phsx.ukans.edu/tucker.html
> Associate Professor                1251 Wescoe Hall Dr.
> address@hidden      Department of Physics and Astronomy
> (785) 864-4738                     University of Kansas
> (785) 864-5262 (fax)               Lawrence, KS  66045-7582
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service