Re: KDGX

Jason,

Here at Unidata we are not familiar with the server apple.ucar. Do you
know who runs that? Do you mean adde.ucar.edu?

The IDV normally gets its radar data from adde.ucar.edu, dataset
RTNEXRAD, but I see neither KJAN nor KDGX there near Mississippi. I can
ask why that KDGX station is not shown.

Stuart Wier

> Apologize for being vague, Several month's ago when I began to use IDV,
> the KJAN feed was available on the apple.ucar server, but once the site
> was removed from service, the data was not available for the new KDGX
> which was commissioned to account for an anomaly in the terrain. The
> surrounding sites only cover central Mississippi with the outer fringes
> of .05 scan. So I was not sure if it would be added back to the server.
>

> Jason
>
> > Will the KDGX feed be added to IDV? Back before the switch from KJAN
> > data was available.

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service