Re: 20030728: idv training?

Deb:

> Greetings.  We are very interested in looking into the IDV package for use in
> an upcoming multi-sensor satellite project.  Do you plan to offer any IDV
> training in the near future?

The following information is available about Unidata training:
from
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/events/2003TrainingWorkshop/index.html

2003 Training Workshop for Unidata Software

                                           October 20th - November 8th

 We are currently in the planning stages of this year's workshop, but
want to give some preliminary information to those of you who have been
eager to make plans.

 This year we're going to try a fall workshop.  The workshop will be
held from roughly October 20th to November 8th in Boulder, Colorado at
UCAR's new Center Green campus.  We will refine those dates a little
closer to meeting time.  There will be sessions on GEMPAK, McIDAS, and
LDM with brief highlights of Unidata's new Integrated Data Viewer
(IDV).  There is no cost to attend the workshop and guests will be
responsible for their own travel. Because we have limited space in our
training center, we give priority to educational institutions.

The IDV includes a very complete User's Guide built in, with a short
tutorial. We believe that an IDV user dedicating the same time to using
the IDV as would be devoted to a training workshop should be able to
become proficient in use of the IDV.  There is little special knowledge
needed to install or run the IDV; most of the learning concerns use of
the user interface and features available.

We are interested in building the IDV into a good system for satellite
data, especially with features needed by the Unidata community, and
would be glad to hear your results using the IDV.

The IDV home page is
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/index.html
which includes links to pages about downloading, running, and using the
IDV.

You may be interested in these pages
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_datasources.html
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_dataformats.html

Stuart Wier

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service