Re: 20030625: IDV - Win 2000 Professional - Running IDV

Subodh,

Thank you for the detailed information. You have found a tricky but
important bug. With 1 gig of memory you should be able to easily display
10 frames of imagery. We will discuss this here among the IDV
developers.

> Here is the information you want:
> 1. The java Web-start version I'm using is version
> 1.2.
> 2. The display adapter I have on my machine is "NVidia
> Riva TNT2".
> 3. The memory  line on the bottom left (when I'm
> running "GOES_East 10.7 um IR") says 48.64/66.65 MB.
> The first number keeps fluctuating, of course. I have
> a gig of memory on my machine.
> 4. The server that I get my data is adde.ucar.edu and
> RTIMAGE dataset. Does this help?
>
> More about my problems...
> For example, when I select "Image Data" and "GOES_East
> 10.7 um IR" and, say, 10 sets of data ( I mean... 10
> frames) and try to "create display", the display
> window doesn't show me the IR images at all.

> Sometimes, when I play around with the "pixel
> sampling" slider, the image appears but this is
> entirely random. When I load one simple image, it
> seems to work fine. I get problems when I load a few.
> The same problem exists with "Radar Data" too.
> "Gridded data" and others haven't been giving me too
> much trouble.
>
> Other problems that I can't seem to solve are
> projection problems. For data that is supposed to be
> visualized over a globe (like the dataset i meantioned
> above-- GOES-East IR), IDV projects it on the flat
> map... with a distorted-looking image on it. The image
> is fine but since it is supposed to go over a globe
> and not a flat surface, it looks crappy. How can I get
> the globe?

The globe display is, at this time, a separate instance of the IDV. You
get it with the
instructions here:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_displayingdata.html#globedisplay
Since you are using Webstart I will have to see how to do it and send
you word.

Stu
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service