[LDM #EOT-784687]: LDM Access request

Hi,

re:
> This is Chuan-Yuan Hsu from GCOOS.
> I have been run ldm for several years. However, the LDM service
> start to send me a access deny message coupled month ago.
> Could you please help me to resolve this issue?
>
> I am request the LDM service from
>
> 1. om614a-00035.geos.tamu.edu
> 2. gcoos5.geos.tamu.edu

The problem for the first of these machines appears to be lack of
DNS:

% nslookup om614a-00035.geos.tamu.edu
Server:         128.117.177.1
Address:        128.117.177.1#53

** server can't find om614a-00035.geos.tamu.edu: NXDOMAIN

Whether or not there is reverse DNS for this machine is unknown.

The second machine, on the other hand, should not be having
problems being fed either of the Unidata/UCAR top level LDM/IDD
relay clusters since both forward and reverse DNS exists for it:

% nslookup gcoos5.geos.tamu.edu
Server:         128.117.177.1
Address:        128.117.177.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   gcoos5.geos.tamu.edu
Address: 128.194.19.114

% nslookup 128.194.19.114
Server:         128.117.177.1
Address:        128.117.177.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
114.19.194.128.in-addr.arpa     name = gcoos5-new.geos.tamu.edu.
114.19.194.128.in-addr.arpa     name = gcoos5.geos.tamu.edu.

Can you recheck to see if this machine is still being denied feeds?

Aside:

We have worked with others at Texas A&M who had the same problem(s)
as you, and it turns out that the cause of their problems was the
reorganization of networks/subnets at TAMU, and DNS not being
re-established after the reorganization.

Ticket ID: EOT-784687
Department: Support IDD