[IDD #XAT-524030]: GOES-16 and -17 imagery

Hi Luis,

It has been a LONG time since we have spoken!

re:
> I am a GEMPAK user and have been receiving data products from LDM
> since 2012.
>
> Among other applications, we are using these products to make graphical
> displays that go to a web site (https://met-bcs.cicese.mx) for users
> that are interested in real-time, weather conditions in Baja California,
> Mexico. Among the most useful displays, primarily during the summer,
> are the GOES-13 and GOES-15 images to monitor the activity of convective
> systems (including hurricanes) from the eastern Pacific basin.

Yes, I remember all of your work.

re:
> Our LDM (version 6.11.1) has not been updated and our computer is running
> GEMPAK 7.0.  In order to have access to the new products from GOES-16
> and GOES-17, we are planning to install the most recent versions of LDM
> (6.13.11) and GEMPAK (7.5.1).

Very good.

re:
> About the entries in LDM, ldmd.conf* and
> pqact.conf*, I am not sure if the NIMAGE feed type is open to us or we
> need to request it, from you, in order to get the corresponding products.
> * https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/gempak-7-5-1

The easiest way to see if you are ALLOWed to REQUEST an LDM/IDD feed
from an upstream site is to do the following:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f <feed> -h <upstream feed host>

In this case, I would run:

notifyme -vl- -f NIMAGE -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

If you are ALLOWed to REQUEST the feed, you should see a line in the
output that looks like:

20190812T202931.921454Z notifyme[433299]            ldm5_clnt.c:forn_signon:294
        NOTE  NOTIFYME(idd.unidata.ucar.edu): OK

The key piece of this snippit is the 'OK' at the end.  This shows that the
machine running the 'notifyme' invocation is ALLOWed to REQUEST the feed.

re:
> Please let me know and feel free to send your comments, recommendations,
> etc.

First, let's find out if your machine is ALLOWed to REQUEST the NIMAGE
feed.  After that, we can discuss what you should do to get the
imagery you want to use in GEMPAK.

Ticket ID: XAT-524030
Department: Support IDD