[IDD #VVB-942572]: U. Georgia IDD feed

Hi Tom,

Long time no hear!

re:
> The University of Georgia (UGA) would like to start ingesting data via IDD.

Very good.

> We were a participant for many years, but not during the past several years.

Welcome back!

> I believe that I am still the Unidata site representative for UGA.

Yes.  Can you verify that your contact information is still:

Thomas Mote
tmote @ uga.edu
706-542-2906

re:
> We have an LDM installed on ldm.ggy.uga.edu with the feeds below.

Very good.

re:
> I am writing to ask where we should receive our feeds. I have copied
> a student who is assisting with this effort. Please let us know if
> there is anything else we should do to get started.

We maintain two top-level IDD relay clusters here in UCAR:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu
iddb.unidata.ucar.edu

You can feed from either/both of them.

re:
> REQUEST LIGHTNING ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu # USPLN

All LIGHTNING feeds are point-to-point; nobody, including us,
is allowed to relay any of the feeds (which are NLDN and USPLN).
Distribution of the GOES-R lightning data, on the other hand, is
not restricted.

re:
> REQUEST LIGHTNING ".*"    striker.atmos.albany.edu # NLDN

This entry should be OK/valid as long as UAlbany has ALLOWed
you to REQUEST the feed.

re:
> REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".*”    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST FNEXRAD|IDS|DDPLUS ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST UNIWISC|NIMAGE ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu       # AREA/GINI
> REQUEST EXP "WwWind" idd.unidata.ucar.edu<             # ESPL/PSD Profilers
> REQUEST DIFAX "GLM" idd.unidata.ucar.edu<              # GOES GLM
> #REQUEST DIFAX "OR_ABI" idd.unidata.ucar.edu           # GOES ABI netCDF4
> (tiles)
> REQUEST EXP ".*" lead.unidata.ucar.edu                 # GOES ABI netCDF4
> (full sector)

I suggest commenting out the REQUEST for the EXP feed from
lead.unidata.ucar.edu.
'lead' is not designed to be a relay for any but HRRR model output from NOAA/GSD
(under its alternate name of hrrr.unidata.ucar.edu), and that role as a HRRR
relay will be changed in the not too distant future.

re:
> REQUEST NOTHER "^TI[PRS]... KNES" idd.unidata.ucar.edu  # GOES ABI gini
> REQUEST NGRID ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST HDS ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST CMC ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST FNMOC ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST CONDUIT "nam" idd.unidata.ucar.edu              # NAM12
> REQUEST CONDUIT "pgrb2" idd.unidata.ucar.edu            # GFS0p25
> REQUEST CONDUIT "nwstg" idd.unidata.ucar.edu            # NDFD
> REQUEST CONDUIT "awp252" idd.unidata.ucar.edu           # RAP20
> REQUEST FSL2 "HRRR" hrrr.unidata.ucar.edu               # HRRRX sub-hourly
> REQUEST NGRID "^YAU[CDLMPQS]" idd.unidata.ucar.edu      # MRMS

Some of these feed REQUESTs could be combined IF your network
bandwidth is sufficient (which I assume that it is).  We can
address this after you get your LDM working again.

Note:

Because there is forward and reverse DNS for your machine, you should
be able to REQUEST the feed(s) you want from either/both of the top
level IDD relay clusters that we maintain.  To test to see if this
is, in fact, the case, please run:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

and/or

notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h iddb.unidata.ucar.edu

Success will be indicated by one of the 'notifyme' output lines looking
like:

20190227T173145.699816Z            notifyme[299584]
ldm5_clnt.c:forn_signon() NOTE  NOTIFYME(idd.unidata.ucar.edu): OK

Ticket ID: VVB-942572
Department: Support IDD