[IDD #WZF-760175]: Lightning Data

Hi Bradly,

re:
> I have a project to correlate power outages on the grid with lightning
> strikes.
>
> I am interested in the LDM feed what do I need to do to access it.

You will need to install a current version of the LDM on a *nix (Unix/Linux)
machine (please follow the directions detailed in the LDM portion of
our website!), and then contact the provider of the lightning data you
are interested in to request a feed.

The contact for the NLDN lightning data is listed in:

Unidata HomePage:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data -> Lightning
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/index.html#lightning

re:
> Also do you have historical data available for this feed?

No.  The upstream feed site for the NLDN data (UAlbany) does
have an archive, but I am pretty sure that their license to
distribute the NLDN data (from Vaisala) does not allow them
to share historic data.

If you have questions about installing the LDM, please send
those questions to:

address@hidden

Ticket ID: WZF-760175
Department: Support IDD