[IDD #MVJ-732722]: Canadian Radar Data Question

Hi Lee,

Yes, we have an agreement via Pelmorex, to ingest some radar data from Canada.
These radars are not WSR-88D's, and the data format is different. It is in a
text format and indicates rain rate NOT reflectivity. There are some community
members that have used this data by creating a Z/R relationship and backward
calculations to represent reflectivity
to use in composites with some success. Keep in mind Z/R relationships can (and
usually are) dynamic, so the quality may not be as good as WSR-88D data.

Is this still something you would like to pursue?

PLease let us know and we can begin the set up to ingest for you if you want to
go down this path.

Jeff

> Steve,
>
> My name is Lee Nguyen and I’m a part of the Johnson Space Center (JSC)
> Weather team.  I work with Brice Biggerstaff in the Weather team and I
> believe you have interfaced with him in the past?  Brice gave me your name
> as a contact to Unidata.
>

> We have a question about the Canadian Radar data:  The JSC Weather team has
> a need for this data and we would like to see if it’s possible to obtain it
> from Unidata (using our LDM interface)?  Please let us know.  Thank you!
>

> Regards,
>

> -Lee
>

> *Lee Nguyen*
> Software Engineering – Weather System
> Work:   (281) 792-2276 | 30S.4301 Cube 32
> address@hidden
>
> [image: cid:image001.png@01D3B490.04C4C110]

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support