[IDD #QBK-381226]: access to NEXRAD/Level II radar data (LDM)

> Hello,

Hi Karen,

> The ATEC group in RAL supports a number of weather-related US Dept of
> Defense projects.  Several of these projects/sites would like to get
> access to NEXRAD Level II radar data via the LDM.  These sites, which
> are all .mil, are currently receiving the data from RAL's LDM server;
> we would like to move them off of the internal RAL server.  Looking at
> Unidata's NEXRAD routing scheme:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/nexradFeed.html
>
> it appears that there are several 2nd level .mil routing sites.  I don't
> know if it would be possible to have ATEC's DOD projects connect to
> the Unidata LDM system (motherlode?).  If not, would it be possible
> to get contact information from you for the .mil sites in your list?
> (Since it might be much easier to connect .mil to .mil)

Yes, sometimes firewall restrictions do come into play...so a .mil to a .mil
may make things easier.

Caveat! As you know, the LDM/IDD data feed is NOT operational and outages can
occur.

We are exploring the options, more soon.
> Per the above referenced list, the .mil sites are:
> anvil.nrlmry.navy.mil
> kinison.navo.hpc.mil
> bodie.met.nps.navy.mil
> metoc.nmm.nrlmry.navy.mil
>
> Thank you!

> Karen Arp                         Research Applications Laboratory   (RAL)
> Voice:   303-497-2844             National Center for Atmospheric Research
> e-mail:  address@hidden            Boulder, Colorado
>
> Never argue with a fool.  Someone watching may not be able to tell
> the difference.

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support