[IDD #RHJ-602305]: persistent problems in rtstats statistics

Hi Waldenio,

re:
> Thank you by the information. I will change some monitoring procedures here.

I talked with Mike (our lead system administrator) yesterday about the
rtstats situation.  The problems we are seeing are being caused by a
combination of two things:

- exceedingly large netCDF files that contain the stats reported from
  all sites (the daily file sizes are now in the 1.3 GB range)

- the machine currently acting as rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu is simply
  overloaded with a variety of processing chores at various times of
  the day

The upgrade of the machine to a modern, dual quad core processor based
system with 24 GB of memory should eliminate the problems we are seeing.
Mike has started working on the system that will assume these (and lots
of other) duties, but I don't have a good estimation for when the new
machine will be available.  Until then, it would be a good idea for you
to rely on other monitoring procedures.

Ticket ID: RHJ-602305
Department: Support IDD