[IDD #BHD-107104]: Fwd: NLDN Data feed

Hi Greg,

re:
> Thanks for your help with this. I had no idea it was so
> difficult to share this kind of data internally.

Actually, great progress was made towards doing this.  There
are a number of issues beyond what I had in mind that were
brought up by Kim at WSI.  In particular:

- WSI has restrictions upon distribution of NAPLN data to Canadian
  institutions

- WSI has no issues with internal distribution within the
  UCAR/NCAR family as long as someone on each receiving end of the LDM
  distribution agrees to the licensing agreement.

  Kim wrote:
  I understand that most of the groups are .edu, but I noted that a
  few were .gov, and Peter thought there was a portion of the NSSL housed
  within NCAR/UCAR. Anything that is a .gov becomes trickier because we
  are involved in various procurements and contracts for lightning with
  the government agencies, and we cannot do anything that would jeopardize
  any of those arrangements.

So, given that you/EOL would be required to sign the license agreement
anyway, I felt that it may make more sense for you to feed directly
from WSI.  If it proves to be simpler to feed from us, we should be
able to accommodate you, but you must still sign the licensing agreement.

Ticket ID: BHD-107104
Department: Support IDD