[IDD #BHD-107104]: Fwd: NLDN Data feed

Hi Greg,

re:
> I need access to NLDN, USPLN lightning data and West Texas mesonet
> data data for a project we are supporting in a little over a week.

1) I have been exchanging email with WSI for the past several days
   regarding the USPLN/NAPLN data.  WSI's position is that each group
   in UCAR/NCAR that wants the data will need to sign the user's agreement
   before they are allowed access to the data.  Given this, it will be
   a lot simpler if you got your data feed directly from WSI.

   Here is the information for the person you should contact at WSI:

   Kim Rauenzahn
   Lightning Product Manager
   address@hidden
   978-983-6648
   www.uspln.com

   The following is a list of URLs for web pages dealing with the USPLN
   lightning data:

   Unidata HomePage
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

     Data
     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data

       Lightning
       https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/lightning_data_2.html

         USPLN Lightning Data via WSI Corp. / Embry Riddle Aeronautical
University (ERAU)
         https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/lightning.html#uspln

         ERAU-USPLN Data Access Policy

http://wx.erau.edu/faculty/herbster/uspln/erau-wsi-uspln_access_policy.html

         ERAU - USPLN/NAPLN Data Access Information and Registration Page
         http://wx.erau.edu/faculty/herbster/uspln/

         If you haven't requsted the data yet, please go here to register
         http://wx.erau.edu/faculty/herbster/uspln/ERAU-USPLN_RegisterForm.html

2) NLDN data

   Given the above, it would also be better if you contacted SUNY Albany for
   a direct feed of the NLDN data.  Here is the contact information:

   Dr. David Knight
   Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
   University at Albany
   State University of New York
   address@hidden

At some point down the road we (Unidata) may be able to relay both USPLN
and NLDN lightning data to those parts of UCAR/NCAR that are strictly '.edu'
(there are other groups under our umbrella that do not exactly fit this).
Until then, it is best if you get the data directly from the top level
providers in point-to-point LDM feeds.

Ticket ID: BHD-107104
Department: Support IDD