Feed from cirrus.al.noaa.gov (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 18:17:05 +0000 (GMT)
From: weather <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: Feed from cirrus.al.noaa.gov

I have been losing quite a bit of data on anf off the last 4 or 5 days.  With
data actually going past max_latency.  Today I decided to check
Hsie's logs as he suggested and it appears that the problem
is in the link between thelma and cirrus.al.noaa.gov.  My connection
to cirrus is good, but the data is close to expiring by the time it
gets to cirrus, and is sent over the edge by the time it gets to
me.  The problems seem to occur during the time at which the model data
is arriving.  The problems only started recently.

This problems is new, so maybe there has been a configuration change
between thelma and cirrus, or maybe a hardware problem along the way.
I think it is very unusual for this to be occuring between thelma and
a high order site especially on a Saturday morning, so maybe there is a problem.

I will switch over temporarily to aurora.atmos.colostate.edu and see how that
goes as I am saving data for science groups that are here at our New Mexico
facility.

Thanks
Robert Mullenax
NSBF Meteorology