Re: [visad] VisAD through maven

Hi Julien,

I agree with all your points, especially about dependencies. There are
several very old embedded-source style dependencies that would benefit from
using Maven.

> I had to restructure the project a bit to follow the Maven directory
> structure.

I think we can avoid doing this sort of restructuring, given the current
directory structure of VisAD. Thanks to Bruce's earlier efforts, components
are already nicely isolated in src folders, and it is very easy to override
the default Maven directory structure with one line of XML; e.g.:

    <sourceDirectory>${project.basedir}/src</sourceDirectory>

I would suggest we do things this way, to minimize disruption of the VisAD
codebase.

Regards,
Curtis