Re: [visad] VisAD through maven

On Jun 4, 2012, at 11:19 PM, Tom Rink wrote:

Any help you could provide when we "make the jump" would be appreciated.  If
enough
people can provide some assistance, including answering questions for us
cvs/svn folks,
maybe this can happen sooner.

Just to clarify: depositing the VisAD jars to Maven Central is not necessarily
related to using maven as a build tool.
You can still use ant for building, it is just a matter of adding a new ant
task to deploy VisAD to the Maven Central.
I have done it recently for Jmol, which is also ant-based.

Adding VisAD jars to Maven Central would allow other people to embed it into
their projects as a dependency.

Tomas

Tomáš Pluskal
G0 Cell Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
TEL: +81-98-966-8684
Fax: +81-98-966-2890