Re: [noaaport] [ldm-users] [External] Re: NOAAport/SBN outage as of 13:30Z

Hi All,

First thing's first, to reiterate dataflow was restored by 15:13Z:
https://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/status/messages  Please let us know if you
believe there is still an issue of any sort.

I think we can all agree that nobody wants duplicate products in the IDD.
It's rare for NOAAPort to flatline like this, but redundancy is also
important for when that happens.  Given what we saw today we have
opportunities to improve how this situation gets handled.  We're going to
have a post-mortem discussion here internally, and once we have a plan of
action we'll update these lists with what that is.

I want to thank everyone who gave their feedback this morning.  That
information is valuable and will help us understand how best to proceed.

More soon,
-Mike

*Mike Zuranski*
Data Engineer II