Re: [ldm-users] Attention UNIDATA...

I know several of you in this list (some 15) already pickup the EXP emwin
dataset from me, but I've just set up the EXP emwin dataset to allow any
host for now too.

EMWIN is picked up off both birds here by a dual receiver system for
redundancy (one points to goes east, one to goes west) at my site, and both
receivers are running at 100% data quality right now, and the Wallops uplink
facility has no transmission issues after I just got off the phone with one
of their engineers, so alerts should flow quickly.

Do remember, though, that EMWIN is only a 9600 baud data set, so it is
limited to a small set of products, which can be viewed here:
http://www.weather.gov/emwin/windat.htm ...  It's all the most wanted
important data though.

At my site, EMWIN is ingested via Weather Message on Windows, passed via
Samba to a share on the LDM server where a daemon I wrote watches for new
files and pqinserts them within 1 second of them being seen on the GOES
EMWIN system on air.

Data products will arrive in a format similar to this:

Apr 16 20:20:12 pqutil INFO:     7810 20090416202012.457     EXP 999  EMWIN
FXUS61 KBOX 162019 /pAFDBOX
Apr 16 20:20:21 pqutil INFO:     6807 20090416202021.184     EXP 999  EMWIN
FPUS64 KAMA 162016 /pSFTAMA
Apr 16 20:20:29 pqutil INFO:     3639 20090416202029.359     EXP 999  EMWIN
FXUS65 KGGW 162017 /pAFDGGW

You'll need to request EXP from ldm.aprsfl.net, currently set to allow any.

Contact me if you have any difficulties.

Regards,

Dave Anderson
KG4YZY
www.aprsfl.net