To: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Frank Marsik <marsik@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 01/31/2011 10:04PM
Subject: Re: [gembud] Whither GARP? Or withered GARP?

Kevin:

I use GARP extenstively in my courses here at U-MI, as well.  GEMPAK
itself seems to provide the best option for scripting/creating images for
our electronic map room, as well as for graphics included in publications
and reports.  While IDV has great flexibility in terms of reading in
datafiles from a number of different formats (such as not needing to
convert netcdf files to gempak format for plotting), GEMPAK and GARP are
still hard to beat.  Perhaps I just need to spend more time learning IDV.
Grin.

peace,
Frank Marsik

Dept. of Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences
University of Michigan