The NOAA National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) Central Operations, Environmental Modeling Center (EMC) is looking to hire an Physical Scientist to act as the Hurricane Team Lead. The position is in College Park, MD.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Lead research and development of an operational forecast for hurricane prediction using advanced numerical techniques spanning high-resolution mesoscale models and global models;
- Develop and enhance operational system for tropical cyclone predictions;
- Contribute to the development of global tropical cyclone forecast products;
- Perform diagnostic studies for improvement of tropical cyclone model performance;
- Write reports for dissemination to a variety of stakeholders; and
- Supervise and assign work to a team.
The application process is open through July 8, 2016.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at: