MetPy 1.0 Release Candidate 2 has been released. The biggest change is that now XArray DataArrays can be returned from most calculations when they are passed as inputs (this may break some code not expecting this behavior). This is the final planned release candidate before the full 1.0 release (planned in about a month), so any testing and feedback is appreciated, especially in the DataArray support. We should also have a 1.0 upgrade guide available soon in the documentation.
This release can be installed with:
pip install --pre metpy==1.0rc2
conda install -c conda-forge/label/metpy_rc metpy=1.0
Additional changes in RC2 include:
vorticityare now only passable as keyword arguments
- Can no longer set values in a
lat_lon_grid_deltasnow takes a
pyproj.Geodinstance directly rather than keyword arguments for constructing one.
- Support for inputs where Pint
Quantityinstances are stored within
- Fixes errors when passing masked arrays to various CAPE calculations
- Support for Albers Equal Area projection
- Many fixes updates for NEXRAD format support, including direct reading of file objects from the NEXRAD S3 archive (from e.g. boto3) and using
pathlib.Pathinstances, as well as some updates for NEXRAD ORPG Build 19.0 changes.
- Improve default date handling in
- PyProj >= 2.3 is now a required dependency for calculations, and CartoPy is only needed for related plotting capabilities.
PlotObs.levelnow defaults to
None, or no subsetting.
- Using standard library modules
importlib.metadata(and their backports) rather than
pkg_resourcesfrom setuptools. This fixes errors getting MetPy's version from unconventional installs.
For full release notes see the GitHub release page. Let us know if you run into any problems, either at MetPy issue tracker or using email@example.com. You can also ask questions using the "MetPy" tag on Stack Overflow.