MetPy 0.7.0 has been released:
- The default dimension ordering for functions in
dim_orderis not passed) has changed from "xy" to "yx". This lets more data work out of the box with these functions, and has been warned since 0.5.1
vorticity, respectively. These latter names are simpler and more accurate. The old names are still available for old code, but are deprecated and will be removed in 0.9.
shearing_stretching_deformationare deprecated, and will be removed in 0.9. These functions existed as performance optimizations, but new calculation internals renders them unnecessary.
- The parameter
significant_tornadohas been renamed to
surface_based_lcl_heightto improve clarity. This only affects users who were passing by keyword argument.
relative_humidity_from_specific_humidityto return values as unitless ratios rather than percentages, for better symmetry with the rest of the library.
- Added our own functions for
laplacian. These are 3 point finite difference calculations that handle irregularly spaced grid points.
- Added function to calculate x,y grid spacing for latitude/longitude grids
- Added table of equivalencies between GEMPAK functions and Python. This is an on-going effort to provide a resource for migrating from GEMPAK.
- Added ability to
add_timestampto add outlined text
- New calculations
- Thickness (using hypsometric formula)
- Geopotential to/from height
- Mixing ratio from relative humidity
- Moist static energy
- Dry static energy
@akrherz, @dennissergeev, @eliteuser26, @jthielen, @leouieda, @lsterzinger, @shofer16450, @tjwixtrom, @WEP11, @jrleeman, and @dopplershift all contributed commits to this release.
For full release notes see the GitHub Release Page.